Turning Point Crisis Program
Superior’s Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline: Available to all children in Texas foster care!
Foster parents and caregivers can call Superior HealthPlan at 1-866-912-6283, press *, to access behavioral health crisis supports. Licensed professionals are available 24/7 to provide initial support, assessment, crisis resolution and service referrals over the phone. This service is available to support youth who are experiencing a crisis, such as threats of harm to self or others or are exhibiting out of control or aggressive behavior. Licensed professionals can help equip caregivers with tools to manage these situations.
What is Turning Point?
Turning Point is a collaboration between Superior HealthPlan and Pathways Youth & Family Services. When in-person intervention is necessary to ensure positive outcomes, Superior’s licensed professionals can call Pathways’ Turning Point program! Turning Point is a behavioral health crisis intervention, acute stabilization and family preservation program that provides children and their caregivers with therapeutic services to help prevent hospitalizations and maintain foster placements. Mobile crisis teams deploy to the home and provide in-home intervention and planning when necessary. Turning Point operates Monday through Friday between the hours of 1 to 9 p.m. in Bexar and Harris Counties.
Who qualifies for Turning Point services?
- Children in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Residing in a foster home or residential treatment facility in Bexar or Harris County
How does it work?
In a moment of crisis, youth or caregivers can dial 1-866-912-6283, press *, to reach a licensed professional trained in crisis intervention. Superior’s Behavioral Health staff will complete an assessment over the phone and determine the appropriate course of action.
- 24/7 crisis and information line through Superior HealthPlan
- Full Mental Health Assessment
- In-home crisis support & intervention planning
The call may result in one of these outcomes:
- De-escalation and techniques to avert the crisis over the phone
- Crisis Team mobilization for on-site interventions and planning
- Service and resource referrals provided
- Referral for inpatient hospitalization when necessary
Want more information about the program?
Call 832-463-2948 to learn more from the Turning Point Clinical Director, Kelly Lill, PhD, LPC!
Not in crisis, but need behavioral health support for your child?
Please click HERE to request services from Pathways’ Mosaic Behavioral Health Program, or contact us at 1-800-427-6144, Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm, for additional information about our services.